Thomas Edison, holder of 1,093 US patents and inventor of the light bulb, telegraph, phonograph, batteries, movie camera, and more.
I know there are people out there who have never failed at anything (LOL). However, I proudly say that I fail all the time. I am proud of my failures because to fail means I at least took a shot at something regardless of the risk inherent to it. The Robin Hood Club was an idea I wanted to try because nobody else was doing anything close to it. My goal is always to try new things and push the limits in sports betting content. Sometimes it will be a great success like the Premium Plays, many of my algorithms, and various content angles I cover, other times it might be a failure, like the recent Robin Hood Club. Failure happens, you move on. Life is not all successes. I am a big fan of quotes, one of my favorites is from Teddy Roosevelt…
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
In anything involving risk, failure comes with the territory. When I started the Robin Hood Selection and the Robin Hood Club, I wanted to do something nobody else had done. For the first nineteen Robin Hood Selections, it worked perfectly… although sometimes it took a little time and stress to achieve. However, session #20 of the RHC lost 19.2 units and reduced the overall lifetime performance on Robin Hood Selections from +23.4 units to +4.2 units lifetime. Session #20 was a failure and illustrated the many issues of providing a profit goal on a selection…and working with people.
I have not lost faith in my content. Not at all! You don’t have to look far to see that the content performs and performs quite well… short term, long term and across all sports (even my new favorite, professional darts!!). However, I have lost faith in the current Robin Hood Club session and the overall Robin Hood Club setup. There are a hundred issues I see but none of them matter in the end. What matters is the Club, in its 20th session, is a failure. The 20th session failed to the tune of a -19.2 unit loss.
Why was session #20 different? My goal with The Sharp Plays is to have some fun in a very exciting industry, sports gambling! In exchange for the time I put in each day with free content, I offer paid content from time to time, usually once, maybe twice a week. The paid content supports the expansion in the content and the technology I employ to that deliver content to those of you following (free and pay) among many things important to me. So, I look at any paid content with an eye to what you would like. When someone says I would like top bettor action, I look to deliver for them. When someone else says they want to follow one or two consistent bettors, I try to deliver it. When people say it isn’t worth their time to bet 0.25 or 0.35 unit plays, I try to deliver there too. When I am trying to deliver to all these people who took part, I am no longer doing what makes The Sharp Plays unique. I am no longer employing my strategy but instead just delivering your desires. At which time I am not using my knowledge of the business to do what I think is best. Instead I am just a conglomeration of everyone’s individual desires mashed up into the Robin Hood Club. It’s how I operated this Robin Hood Club session (#20) and why it was so off the rails from previous Clubs. Looking back, the fact I changed my direction to the will of the vocal minority is the most frustrating thing of all. The problem right now is the Robin Hood Club is not designed to overcome a 19.2 unit deficit. The Robin Hood Club is designed to be short term, in an out.
If I keep trying to put out different types of content, if I keep trying to do things nobody has done before, some will be met with failure. It’s how life works, and I am OK with it. I welcome all criticisms, but it doesn’t change my desire to keep “daring greatly” knowing sometimes I will fail, even fail miserably. Lifetime, the Robin Hood Selection is still a profitable endeavor for those who took part. How profitable? The performance is on the right side of the home page and updated daily. At the time of this article, the Robin Hood Selection is +4.2 units lifetime.
So, what is to become of the Robin Hood Selections & Robin Hood Club?
- I am going to take a charge against the current Robin Hood Selection performance record of -19.2 units for the current Club’s performance. It will change the Robin Hood Selection Performance lifetime from +23.4 units to +4.2 units. I am going to close the Robin Hood Club in its current form and the pages on the website have been updated to reflect the new structure of the Robin Hood content. There will no longer be free service attached if the play loses and until a profit goal is met. People use it as a bailout and it is nothing but a headache for me from beginning to end. If the free daily content is not enough of an offset for a losing Robin Hood Selection or a loss on any of the paid content you may take part in, why are you buying or following in the first place??
- Your password will work to continue to access the Robin Hood Members page daily for various daily content outlined below. When I have a qualifying Robin Hood Selection it will also be posted to the “Robin Hood Members” page. When there is a qualifying Robin Hood Selection I will post a message on Twitter to let everyone know. I would expect there to be 1-3 Robin Hood Selections per week. What is a qualifying Robin Hood Selection? The selection must achieve top value in my algorithms and then not be contradicted by the Top 10 bettors in action for that particular sport. It’s a different angle but one that has worked well this past weekend. It also brings the Robin Hood Selection back to its roots… my algorithms first and foremost.
- I received a ton of messages yesterday about what people would like as an alternative to the Robin Hood Club. Some people wanted to continue with the top bettor angle, some wanted to continue with the NCAABB totals bettor, others wanted to try the Premium Play content and others still wanted infrequent but higher percentage (expectation) selections. So, I am going to give you every one of those requests. You can then choose what information to use and how to use it. What that means is…
- From now through the NCAABB Championship game on April 6th, you will receive daily access (except from the day after the Super Bowl through February 29th) to the top bettor in action and the NCAABB totals bettor we have been following. The plays for this content will be posted daily under the “Robin Hood Members” link. Oh and for those who love to hear my thoughts, lessons and commentaries, I will continue to do the Today’s Notes throughout this time. The Notes will however probably be a lot shorter than my recent literary works in the Club. For those looking to continue with this content, it will be there for you!
- You will receive the next 15 Robin Hood Selections free. Those plays, when released, will cover all sports, using the parameters laid out above and be posted to the members page. I am hopeful for those looking for just high percentage situations, these plays will cover that angle! Future Robin Hood Selections however will no longer carry a free service guarantee. If the play loses, that’s where all the free content kicks in. I would remind people that the reason you take part in any paid content is not for a “lock” or “sure thing” but as a thank you for the performance of the free content. My expectation is paid content, on its own merits, will be a profitable endeavor over time. Any individual selection is subject to luck (good and bad).
- You will also receive the Premium Play paid content upcoming this weekend for free. Information will be posted to the members page later this week.
- You will also receive the March Madness Bonanza that I will be doing to cover all the basketball tournaments and the conference tournaments in March. It will be a whole month of LJP, top sharp consensus (Premium Plays, Just Missed and Other Sharp Consensus) all in real-time.
- Lastly, I would suggest you use the free content as well. People have this perception that the free content is sub-par to the paid content. It is not. The intention of the paid content is essentially as a “gratuity” for the free content. If you aren’t using the free content then you shouldn’t be reading this today anyway.
Total value on the above is over $500 in content OR if the above is not sufficient, I welcome your message as to what would work best for you and is within my capability to provide. For ease in organization, please email versus Direct Message on Twitter should you choose to contact. If you don’t have my email, complete the form on the contact page here on the website. I will get back to you in 24-48 hours. Your patience is appreciated!
Summing it all up, there will no longer be the daily Robin Hood Club where I will advise you on how much to bet. Instead, I will provide you with a plethora of content, as laid out above, which you can choose to use in a way that best fits you. Don’t want to risk 0.5 units, risk 3 units if it floats your boat. I would imagine regardless of how you use the content, the combination of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 above should provide you more than enough to get you on track and profitable. However if you have been following the content since November 24th, you really should be profitable already at this point. If you say you just did the Robin Hood content, I would ask why? It’s not the intention of the play and the intention is clearly stated multiple times on the website, including the terms of service when you purchase.
I will have Robin Hood Selections only when they meet the qualifications laid out above. When I have a Robin Hood Selection you can access the play on the members page using your password. I will post a message to Twitter when a Robin Hood Selection is available. Then you can visit the “Members” page and obtain the selection. The new setup will mean fewer selections than what you were used to in the Robin Hood Club. However, when there is a selection it is expected it will be a higher percentage situation. Robin Hood Selections will cover all sports from standard sports of baseball, basketball, football and hockey as well as tennis and soccer. Lastly, in anything above, please hold your questions for a day. Let things play out, see how it works and read my updates later and then further and final notes tomorrow. At that point you should have a good idea of how it works. If you don’t at that time, then feel free to contact.
I will also be using the break in February to clear my head, take a step back and look back on the content this past football season and past year. It was the first football season and year in which I put out the level of content and had the level of interaction I had with all of you. I see a lot I liked, I see things I disliked, I see a lot of great successes, and I see things that failed. I have made notes throughout the season and I plan to go over those post-Super Bowl. February will be that time to put together my plan for the rest of 2020… learning from mistakes and maximizing the successes. I look forward to it being a fun and profitable year!
I am sorry the Robin Hood Club, session #20 failed. I am looking forward to learning from the shortcomings of the Club to make the content that much better moving forward and to make it up to all of you! Thank you for being a part of it with me!
“Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” – Denis Waitley
Good luck in your action!
~ The Sharp Plays